At the moment maybe you are feeling anger, confusion, and betrayal by the government’s no jab, no job legislation. This is relevant to Physiotherapists in the UK who work in environments that provide CQC services.
You may also be feeling very betrayed by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, who haven’t stood up against this legislation strongly enough, or spoken out more in support of clinicians who don’t believe this vaccination is necessary for them to do their job, and are concerned about the consequences of this for personal and patient health and ethical reasons.
In addition, you may be aggrieved that we are being silenced, whilst the CSP state they encourage scientific debate and discussion they are requesting we don’t enter the scientific debate with regards to the vaccination, which brings up many concerns for both clinician and patient safety.
The CSP are suggesting if we do enter debates or share data or research which is not in favour of the vaccination we are risking losing our HCPC license.
If you’re thinking about what your options are long-term, one of them might be that you want to leave the CSP another maybe that you are considering private practice. One of the benefits of being a CSP member is that they provide professional liability insurance.
If you are employed
- You need professional liability insurance, there are alternative providers. You need to provide a copy to your insurance certificate to your employer
- You may wish to be part of another trade union, again there are alternatives
Self-employed considering self-employment
- The majority of independent physiotherapists practices do not deliver CQC registered services, meaning you don’t need CQC registration, and therefore vaccination. Unless you’re going to be delivering to care homes or other businesses which deliver CQC services
- You DO require professional medical liability insurance
- If it is your own practice, you DO require public liability insurance for accidents eg slip/trip hazards
- And if you employ others, employment liability insurance
Works For England Union
Workers For England Union are an independent trade union, they have been representing many care workers who risked losing their job due to vaccination status, they appear to have a high rate of success, in representing and helping carers retain their jobs.
Get Clear On What You Want
It is interesting to note that during the health crisis the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’s failed to lead the promotion of good physical health and the benefits it brings to individuals and societies in terms of physical, mental, emotional, social, and financial wellbeing. Instead, the CSP seems to have been distracted with the promotion of experimental vaccinations to members rather than supporting the promotion of what we professionally know works.
However devalued, or disrespected you may feel it is important to keep the focus on what it is that you want to create long-term, and what you want your contribution to be to the creation of good health. Then you can proactively step by step start taking actions that you need to get there.
If you’re not happy with the situation, take ownership, take responsibility and start changing it, to create the outcome that you desire.
Create A Super Successful Pla
RUNNING A PRACTICE IS NOT ABOUT DOING A MILLION THINGS – IT’S ABOUT THE RIGHT FOCUS IN THE RIGHT AREAS.
To do this, you need a plan which is executed.
The implementation of a plan properly and professionally will deliver results. Consistently doing the right activity will deliver consistent results
With a plan properly in place, things will start to work, you will crack the rhythmic consistent acquisition of clients, and track the right things that keep you on track.
You will get:
- A copy of the same template business plan I use to organise my thoughts and ideas into an actionable business plan.
- Focus on what you need to do and what to check in on.
- Clarity on what to monitor and measure. Some things will go according to plan, some things better than plan, and some things worse than planned. Thats why knowing you numbers and where you are going matters
What are you waiting for? Get started with your plan today.