Why you should and how your could set up regular team meetings and 1:2:1’s in your clinic
What are the benefits and how can you implement implement them even if you and your team work different shifts
Often a clinic owner is not in practice at the same time as their team and their associates. A typical set up maybe that a clinic owner work’s alongside some of their team members, but they might not work on the same shift patterns as everybody.
This makes it really important to schedule regular one to ones and stick to the schedule. Don’t push them out when you think, you just have another patient in a fit another patient in because your communication with your team is essential. You don’t want to be ships in the night with your team never talking to each other as three to six months down the line, either your employee or your associate will feel disgruntled, unloved, not looked after and they go and find somewhere else. Alternatively, you might not happy with their performance, but the reason you’re not happy with your performance could stem from:
1. They don’t know what’s expected of them. You haven’t sat down and really been clear about what the expectations are.
2. They don’t know that they’re not meeting expectations. So you might have set out the expectations, but you haven’t actually said to them, look, you’re not actually hitting the mark. Your capacity is only at 50% and you really want it to be at 75%, but you have never told them that. And they don’t really know.
3. They can’t meet expectations. So you need to then identify what training your team members need to be able to meet the expectations.
4. Is unfortunately there will be some of these instances where they just won’t meet expectations. And at that point, when you know that they’re not going to meet your expectations, they’re not going to, align to your values and how you want the patient journey and team experience to be, you need to invite them to go and express their talents elsewhere, but you need to be having those meetings and the communications for each of those stages. Setting expectations, making, letting them know that they’re meeting them or they’re not, helping them with the training or finding someone that is better suited for your organization.
Much of this can be resolved with really good recruitment if you are really clear about what it is that you’re looking for when you are interviewing and allow the candidate to interview you too.
You also need to have a thorough induction process which is probably going to last between three and six months. It’s going to take time for you to really learn, to operate together as a team. And I think one of the things that’s critical to enable consistency has to be putting a team meeting in the diary. Whether that’s five minutes every single day, or whether that’s half an hour once a week, matter’s. But the most important thing is, to begin with just getting some consistency and some rhythm so that everybody knows when they’re going to see you and when they’re going to have a chance to communicate and ask any questions and then setting up those one-to-ones.
In the beginning, I believe 1:2:1’s should be once a week, this gives people a chance to ask questions. Over time they might shift to fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly.
Either way, you’ve got to make consistent time for your team just in the same way that you make time for your clients. And the more you can get things in a rhythm, the smoother they are and the less confusion there is, and the more certainty and consistency you’re able to provide everybody.
Create A Super Successful Plan
RUNNING A PRACTICE IS NOT ABOUT DOING A MILLION THINGS – IT’S ABOUT THE RIGHT FOCUS IN THE RIGHT AREAS.
To this you need a plan which is executed.
The implementation of a plan properly and professionally will deliver results. Consistently doing the right activity will deliver consistent results
With a plan properly in place, things will start to work, you will crack the rhythmic consistent acquisition of clients, and track the right things that keep you on track.
You will get:
- A copy of the same template business plan I use to organise my thoughts and ideas into an actionable business plan.
- Focus on what you need to do and what to check in on.
- Clarity on what to monitor and measure. Some things will go according to plan, some things better than plan, and some things worse than planned. Thats why knowing you numbers and where you are going matters
What are you waiting for? Get started with your plan today.
GET IT FOR FREE