You see it day in day out with patients. The one’s who take action and commit to their goals and treatment plans are the one who get results, and some get results that astound you, achieving a recovery you weren’t quite sure was going to be possible. What was it they needed from you to achieve their results? Your knowledge and skills of what to do, help to clarify their goals and a timeframe, your support encouragement and accountability and your carefully delivered balance of tough love and reassurance, mixed with listening and understanding.
And it is no different for clinician clinic owners. If you are in an unfamiliar situation you need to give yourself permission to ask for help in the same way a patient does. And the majority of clinicians and clinic owners are in an unfamiliar situation at the moment. Just like with patient rehab, step 1 of running or setting up a practice is knowing where what you want to achieve and committing to it.
Many clinicians feel totally overwhelmed when asked what it is they would like to create with many ideas and options swimming round in their head. Here is a simple process you can use clarify what you want to focus on.
1. get 2 piece’s of paper
2. make a list of the top 25 things you would like to achieve with your practice on the first piece of paper
3. circle the top 5 priorities and write these on the second piece of paper, this is now forms the list you focus on
4. the remaining 20 things on the first piece of paper, form the “avoid at all cost” list, these are the things which are mostly likely pull you away from your priorities and distract you from achieving your goals
Just like with a patient once you know what you want to do, the next thing is figuring out how to get there and that may mean acquiring some new knowledge and skills.
Create A Super Successful Pla
RUNNING A PRACTICE IS NOT ABOUT DOING A MILLION THINGS – IT’S ABOUT THE RIGHT FOCUS IN THE RIGHT AREAS.
To do this, you need a plan which is executed.
The implementation of a plan properly and professionally will deliver results. Consistently doing the right activity will deliver consistent results
With a plan properly in place, things will start to work, you will crack the rhythmic consistent acquisition of clients, and track the right things that keep you on track.
You will get:
- A copy of the same template business plan I use to organise my thoughts and ideas into an actionable business plan.
- Focus on what you need to do and what to check in on.
- Clarity on what to monitor and measure. Some things will go according to plan, some things better than plan, and some things worse than planned. Thats why knowing you numbers and where you are going matters
What are you waiting for? Get started with your plan today.